The next best reason why medical cannabis is sought after is for its calming and sedative effects as Cannabis has been used over the years as a sleep aid for insomnia, sleep apnea, sleep deprivation, and other sleep disorders. CBD oil is an extract from CBD, one of the many cannaboids found in the cannabis plant. It has a diverse range of applications. One of such is providing relief for insomnia and helping you sleep better.
CBD OIL FOR SLEEP
To understand how CBD oil helps you sleep is to first understand the root cause of sleep disorders; stress. Your stress levels determine how easily you’ll fall asleep and remain so. This means that if you’re suffering from high stress levels, you will have irregular and inadequate bouts of sleep. This is where CBD oil comes in. CBD oil helps you sleep by alleviating your stress levels with just few drops.
THE MANY BENEFITS OF CBD OIL INCLUDE:
- The THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) content in CBD which is associated with drowsiness and sleepiness, though lower in CBD oil, can help sufferers of sleep disorders to sleep faster and better.
- CBD oil can help to reduce REM behaviour disorder associated with people that have Parkinson’s disease. The body is largely paralyzed during REM which keeps you from reacting physically to your dreams in the course of your sleep. However, people with REM disorders are not paralysed and so are free to move in reaction to their dreams which causes their sleep to be disrupted and can injure them or their sleeping partners. CBD oil works to reduce this disorder in people with Parkinson’s disease, for a better sleep quality.
- CBD can help to correct REM sleep abnormalities in people with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) and related mental health disorders
- CBD oil is anti-inflammatory. This means that its application on the body relieves aches, pains and soothes the body. If your sleep disorder is caused by chronic pain, CBD oil will ease your pain so you can sleep better.
- Research has shown that high anxiety levels and depression can be alleviated by CBD oil. CBD can ease anxiety, and this in turn will reduce sleep difficulties and improve your sleep quality. The consistent use of CBD oil will help you relax well enough to the point where you can sleep easily. CBD can increase the overall amount and quality of sleep and improve insomnia, particularly for people who suffer from chronic pain.
- Much more, CBD oil is a safe alternative to prescription drugs as it is not addictive. It is also safe for your liver and will not leave you feeling groggy or tired the morning after.